Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Traditions




 Going into the holiday season is always a bit tricky. There's always the goals of baking and not getting around to it, deciding that I'm going to take the tin of cookies my coworker gives me and passing it off on my family until I eat half the tin before christmas, and avoiding any type of store until several days after christmas, preferably the new year. Then there is sitting through football games on Christmas Day with my mother the sports nut, eating too much, explaining that I am not taking the el train at 4:30 in the morning to catch the early amtrak as the trains are crawling with mostly crazy folks, and watching A Christmas Story. And my personal favorite, the competition I have with a neighbor across the street(whom I've never met) as to who will leave their Christmas lights on the longest (2 years ago it was late march).

Happy Holidays from Mr. Data & I to everyone who is and has been a part of my blog. Your comments and encouragement and humor has made the last 6 months a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to more blogging adventures in 2010 with all of you.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I wonder how long it will take me to take down the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a priceless pose! I'd develop a terrible kink in my neck if I lounged like that! I look forward to continuing our blog adventures together in 2010. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, my sister has given up on taking the christmas tree down altogether...she has an artificial one she leaves up year round now.

    Palidor, Mr. Data should have been a model. He has the poses down easy. :)

    ReplyDelete