Sunday, September 20, 2009

Recharging the Batteries

Today is off to a glorious start.

I slept in until 8:00, Mr. Data had a good night with the litterbox and food, it's a beautiful day from my patio window and I feel rested.

I feel happy actually.

The worst of the event is over. Granted there's part II next weekend, but it went smoothly this weekend. And I'm even resigned to admitting that in this situation, the coworker was right. Not everyone showed up and the seating was fine.

Next weekend isn't anywhere near as stressful. There's no prep work like this weekend, everything is in place, everyone knows what to do.

So for the first time in awhile, I'm not dreading tomorrow. In fact, I might be able to catch up on some of the projects that have been shoved aside while I was getting up to and through this weekend.

Although I'm quite convinced that part of all of this had to be due to stumbling into that elusive parallel universe where everything goes well with no explanation. Case in point, the email I got from the director I've had issues with before thanking me for all of my hard work and telling me everything flowed well.

This has never happened before. And I might want to save the email as it's unlikely it will happen again. It's hard for this director to say things like that. We've had a history of not getting along, mostly because each of us reminds the other of our mothers. Long story, another time. Anyway. The thank you might have had something to do with our CEO giving me a hug after the event was done Sunday thanking me for everything and this in front of the director in question.

But still, something to savor regardless.

So, today, no ricotta pancakes. Only because in trying to get to and through the weekend, the dishes were seriously neglected. And I have a strange habit of throwing the dishes in the fridge to avoid attracting bugs in situations like this so I have to clean that out in order to get to most of my baking supplies.

Of course there is always pancakes for dinner.

I've got some interesting ingredients in the house to play with though. Yesterday I picked up Toffee chips, Peanut Butter Chips, Racconto (which is like nutrella, a milk chocolate hazelnut spread) and a white chocolate peanut butter spread. I'm thinking something with filo dough and cinnamon.

I'll post later on what I come up with for dessert after I do battle with the dishes.

All the decks are cleared. Today, time to recharge and organize.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything went well, and very happy to hear Mr. Data is good! That e-mail is definitely worth saving. Mmmm, a filo & cinnamon dessert with those yummy ingredients sounds delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a good night but a bad day with Mr Data...fortunately he seems to be perking up some now at the end of the day.

    The dessert was yummy...next time probably a little less grand marnier and a little more something else though.

    ReplyDelete