Monday, August 24, 2009

Life with an IBS Kitty


Poor Mr. Data had a rough day yesterday with his IBS so this morning I had turned into crazy hovering cat mom. Did his meow sound off? Is he eating enough? Is he being anti-social? If he using the litterbox too often or too little? Is he sleeping too much? Is he drinking too much?

I'm fairly sure by 8:00 he was glad to see me go so he could get some rest.

At my age, I've come to accept that he's my chosen baby and that a little human me is probably not going to be running around any time soon (fortunately for the little human me too). So like any mom , I worry about him especially since he can't find the words to tell me he's not feeling well. One of his strident meows could mean he's talking to himself or the wall or he's just had an incident on the floor.

Fortunately, he's doing better tonight. It was music to my ears to hear him meow as he came out of his hidey spot when I got home. And he did pretty good with eating tonight. Better, he's not had any litterbox issues since late yesterday so his system is having a chance to rest.

So, today is definitely a blessings sort of day to focus on. I'll trade my stained trashed carpet for more time with a happy healthy Mr. Data any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment