Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Procrastination Bites

It has been happening at work more than I like. I have intentions of getting a project done, get distracted and then drop the ball. Today it was on something I should have contacted the city about and didn't thinking I had more time. Turns out I didn't and the city was going to come and post a notice that our water was going to be disconnected sometime this week. Fortunately for us, the city doesn't have our right address and it gave us time to get the bill paid.

Now I am very lucky in the fact that my boss is understanding and as long as we follow up and get reimbursed on this (we're tax exempt) it should be okay. But I see in this the fact that my disorganization in general is affecting many areas of my life. My house quite frequently is a mess. My desk is a mess. My filing system is a joke.

The mess is catching up with me. I firmly believe a disorganized house or disorganized desk can easily spread to other areas of my life without discipline. I've missed paying bills on time, lost out on money because I forgot to redeem things, almost paid my rent late a few times because I lost track of time, and come home and waste time on computer games when all around me my life is crying out to be organized.

While I might normally try to put a positive spin on this, it's impossible this time. I messed up. Major time. Like I said, my boss didn't jump down my throat. Considering my boss is very happy with me for helping her when she was out I feel confident that I'm not going to get fired.

But I do want to learn from my mistakes. I need to learn from them. I cannot live in this kind of chaos anymore. I'm tired of panicking myself into insomnia followed by being too tired to be organized.

3 comments:

  1. Getting organized can be tough, but it will definitely pay off in the long run! I can see how it can be overwhelming when there are lots of areas in your life which you need to organize. But remember that you CAN'T do it all at once, nor should you try. Tackle a little bit at a time, and eventually you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Future Grown-Up, I have an award for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete