Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Creamy Cucumber Dressing


Recently, when my sister came to visit, I went on a bit of a cooking spree. Which has subsequently pretty much ground to a halt now that I'm up to my own devices and eating cereal for supper because I'm too lazy too cook. But I digress. Between me being on the weight watchers plan, and my sister's high fiber, low fat plan I didn't have an idea of what to make so I  dug out my old edition of The Best of Cooking Light Cookbook from 1998. Sadly, I don't have nearly as many healthy cookbooks as I do cookbooks that contain huge amounts of butter and sugar but this one had a few recipes that looked promising and got a nod of approval from both of us. I missed the taste of full fat mayo and yogurt in this recipe, but for a low calorie salad dressing this was really better than I had anticipated. Also, it tastes really awesome on chicken too. I don't know if I would use this regularly on salads but I would definitely try it with meats and maybe even branch out into some international foods with this.

CREAMY CUCUMBER DRESSING
1 cup plain low fat yogurt
1/3 cup peeled, seeded and finely chopped cucumber
1/4 cup reduced fat mayonaise
2 tbsp chopped green onions
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried dillweed
1/8 tsp pepper

Combine all ingredients and stir well. Cover and chill. Serve over salad greens. Yield: 1 1/3 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment