Monday, August 2, 2010

Sesame Chicken

One of my favorite dishes in the world has got to be Sesame Chicken.  

That said, I have to be straight with you...this is not much like your Sesame Chicken that you get at your average Chinese restaurant. At least, it's nothing like my favorite Sesame Chicken dish  which is served with a thick and sweet (but oh so yummy) sauce. This is as close as I think I will ever come to a Sesame Chicken Recipe that might actually be healthy for me.

Personally speaking, I would give this an B+ only because it was a bit salty with the soy sauce but it would be an A for me with a lower sodium soy sauce.



Sesame Chicken
Adapted from Quick and Easy Chinese by Nancy McDermott

2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp Asian sesame oil
2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh pepper
4 chicken breasts
1/4 cup chopped green onions.

Combine soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, salt, pepper and toasted sesame seeds.

Transfer chicken to marinade, turning evenly to coat and marinate for 1 hour. Turn chicken over occasionally.

Put chicken in baking pan and cover with remaining marinade. Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 1/2 hour or until chicken is tender. Serve atop brown rice and sprinkle with chopped green onion. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment