Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All is Well in My Little Corner

Data is doing much better tonight...stomach is settled, he's eating, interacting and climbed over the computer earlier. All very good signs he is on the mend.

I on the other hand am having a hard time shaking the panic attack that settled in around 2:00...one of those nervous, jumpy feeling ones that just wont go away no matter how much yoga or deep breathing or calming techniques you try. Partly work, partly data, partly just an all around pain in the neck that comes from reading too much into situations.

So now is a very good time to count my blessings and remind myself that all is well in my little corner of the world.

Today I am grateful for:
  1. Seeing Data eat
  2. Remembering to schedule my bill payments so I don't miss a bill
  3. Having a working DVD player again so I could do my yoga dvd
  4. Having Heat
  5. Hot water 
  6. Electricity (esp since I have electric heat)
  7. Trying something new to bake  (more on that later)
  8. My apple cinnamon scented candle that smells so nice
  9. Payday is tomorrow
  10. Having food in the house to eat
  11. Having food for Data to eat
  12. Library books I haven't read yet
  13. Clothes to wear
  14. Having somewhere to live
  15. Waking up this morning
  16. Being able to breathe, to see, to hear and to taste today
  17. Being owned by Mr. Data
  18. Still maintaining a 20 lb loss despite some eating ups and downs
  19. A working computer
  20. Peace and quiet in my apartment with all the neighbors 

That was just what the doctor ordered.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad that Mr. Data is well! You will be well too. :-) Something new to bake? Very intrigued and can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete