Sunday, October 18, 2009

BBQ Meatloaf

For the first time in awhile, I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Amazing what the lure of a computer can do.

 I still feel off my stride because there's just certain times of the day that I'm so used to plopping in front of the computer. In a way, it's been my babysitter when I'm bored or cranky or feeling sorry for myself. Which leads of course to the inevitable realization that like brooding, my computer usage has taken up parts of my life that I will never get back. And one of the reasons I got a computer in the first place was to work on the great american novel thad got partially written before I got hooked by computer games or checking my emails constantly.

But on the positive side, the great computer crisis of 2009 has succeeded in getting me out of the house more this weekend than I have for awhile. The ballet yesterday was unusual (Othello) but gorgeous and the dancer playing Othello makes me wish I was in my 20's and could actually dance so I could be on stage with him. And I made my favorite meatloaf recipe yesterday...no pictures unfortunately because I'm a little leery of plugging in my camera at the library, but trust me, it's delicious and so easy to whip up it's almost embarrasing to even post about it.

I also even made it to church today which is something I had been slacking on for a few months especially when I got distracted with playing one of the games and realized that services would be starting in 20 mintues and there was no way I was going to make it.  And right now, I'm at the library playing with the computer while my laundry is drying and my pasta dough is resting for a few hours before I roll it out and make ravioli for my Cooking Italy Group.

Interesting what a good shake up in routine can do from time to time.


BBQ MEATLOAF
orgin: unknown magazine at least 5 year or more ago

2 lbs ground turkey (or ground beef/mix)
1 box stovetop stuffing (I tend to use chicken)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup bbq sauce, divided
2 eggs
Shredded Cheese of Choice (optional)


Mix ground turkey, stuffing, milk, 1/4 cup bbq sauce, and 2 eggs together in bowl. Take 1/2 meat mixture and put in lightly greased loaf pan. Spread mixture with shredded cheese and top with remaining meat. Spread rest of bbq sauce on meatloaf.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour. Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Should serve approximately six depending on size of slice.

4 comments:

  1. Ah...I am taking the goddaughter to the Moscow ballet's performance of Cinderella in a few weeks. She's enthralled with male dancers bodies after we saw the young man dancing in the Lion King musical ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meatloaf sounds lovely. I put Parmesan cheese in my meatloaf also add it to meatballs for spaghetti. My hubby and amazingly enough my 2 teenage sons notice when I don't put the Parmesan in. I don't even measure it I just pour till it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple or not, it sounds delicious. Holy cow, you are making homemade pasta? You rock! BTW, what computer games do you play? I'm a huge gamer myself, although not as much as I used to when I was younger. I play most RPGs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy...I think I've seen the Moscow Ballet in Chicago...the two of you are in for a treat.

    Diane - parmesan cheese in meatloaf??? Yum!

    Palidor...I'm blushing - thanks for the compliment. I tend to play mostly time management games, a lot of them involving food (Diner Dash, Cake Mania etc sort of games).

    ReplyDelete