Friday, October 9, 2009

Cupcakes from #$@# and Other Random Thoughts



So tonight I thought "Let it be Cupcakes."

Ugh.

Can't post too much on them now as they're really an assignment for the MSC Group I joined and the post is due on the 15th. However, it is clearly time to face the inevitable and accept that I need a food processor. Everytime I come across a recipe that involves a food processor, I always have the same rationalization.."Hey, I should be able to do this with the blender...it has a pulse tab on it."

And everytime, the blender gets clogged, I start mumbling hostile threats against it while trying to dump everything into another bowl and finding out that I've ended up with something liquid instead of diced or chunks instead of whatever else I'd been aiming for.

Which is why I'm looking forward to getting together with some friends tomorrow for a kitchen stuff swap. There's always the possibility that there will be some obscure gadget that I will absolutely have to have. It's like a private thrift store in a way. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot to swap gadget wise (at least in a condition I would want people to see). I think when I went through an organization craze some time back I threw out a lot of stuff I never used. And a lot of my extra cookbooks I put downstairs in my apartment lobby with a note asking people to take what they wanted.But there are about 6 cookbooks I have to give away that really, honestly, I don't know what possessed me in the first place to get them.

So, now it's time to get serious between tonight and tomorrow and honestly prune out the rest of the cookbooks I know i'll never use and pawn them off on my victims...I mean friends. And accept that it won't be anywhere near where I should be now that I'm finding out that the library has a pretty good selection of cookbooks for me to try before I buy and realize I only like 2 recipes in the entire book. Not to mention the fact that there's a boatload of recipes waiting on the internet.

Of course, this is said after the fact that I've bought 3 cookbooks in the last few weeks (hey, they were at least previously used ones at ebay and amazon). But I'm happy to announce that 2 of the 3 are ones that I can honestly say I would use a lot of the time. In a perfect world where I am organized and have a clean kitchen at least. And of course, after pulling the books out, I took 1 back and thought "I can't give that one away. There's recipes I might use someday."

Sigh.

I really need a cookbook intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment