Thursday, October 1, 2009

One More Day

And I will actually have a three day weekend off from work.

Most likely I will have no idea what to do with myself. I haven't had 2 days off in a row, much less three, since sometime in July I think.

So okay, I lied a little to get the day off. I told the boss I needed the day off to take kitty to the vet and take care of some personal things. Technically Data's vet appointment is on Saturday, but I still need to finish cleaning the house to get ready for it and since cleaning will make me feel better after it's done and the house is organized/cleaned it also counts as attending to personal things.

But she said yes. And in this case, the lie was worth the rationaliztions.

Only thing now is to get through the day which is not as easy as it sounds. We have a meeting tonight that I don't think I scheduled Maintenance for which may mean I need to babysit them. From the sounds of the plague victims yesterday, I expect 3 staff members to be out sick today which means there will be all of 2 people, myself included, to man the office.

But three days off. And Mr Data is having another good day with appetite/litterboxes so nothing much can bother me today.

And there is baking/cooking to be done this weekend now that I have my kitchen all organized I am looking forward to doing something with it.

Oh happy dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment